The new version brings in full functionality, including the thumbnails display for all versions of Mac OS X – Mountain Lion, Lion and Snow Leopard.
Note that prior installing PSM on Mac OS X you have to install [free] ImageMagick.
If you have ImageMagick installed but PSM still can not show any thumbnail, do the follow:
1. Exit PSM if you run it
2. Open a terminal window
3. In the terminal, type in
if you got ImageMagick properly installed you should see something like
in the response.
4. Copy the path to ‘convert’ to the clipboard, including the trailing slash (i.e. in the above case copy ‘/opt/local/bin/’)
5. In any text editor open the following file:
6. find a line showing
and replace <some-path> with the path to ‘convert’ you saved on clipboard (e.g. /opt/local/bin/)
Verify trailing slash in in place.
7. Start PSM and check the thumbnails
Guys, read it!
Here is the latest post by Shutterstock CEO and the Founder Jon Oringer: http://jonoringer.com/tag/microstock/
By keeping things simple, not favoring exclusive images, and iterating on metrics like search success, we feel like we will be more and more successful for both our buyers and our sellers over the long term.
I can not agree anymore. The future belong to non-exclusive contributors.
iStock exclusivity does not pay back. Old dinosaurs like Getty Images who do not understand the digital reality have to adopt the change – or die.
Since we are getting more and more traffic, ProStockMaster and other Pixamba sites will be moved soon to another hosting thus providing better and faster experience to our customers. ETA: in 2 weeks. I’ll try to keep down time at minimum, tansferring the sites one by one. You may experience temporary outage with PSM web site or with PSM web services, such as in-app keywording. Sorry for any inconvinience and thanks for your patience.
Today is a great day for Shutterstock.
The company becomes a public company on the New York Stock Exchange: check out NASDAQ:SSTK.
So now each one of us can grab a share of the Shutterstock success (please do not see it as a financial advise)
Congratulations Shutterstock! Jon and the team – you did it, and did it well!
PSM gets a new support forum where you can ask your questions and share any tips and tricks on selling photos – whatever you want to share. Find it here: http://prostockmaster.com/forums
I am working on a major upgrade of Lightburner.com and will be glad to get some help on testing vectors and video workflow. If you are dealing with this stuff and are willing to help keep reading this
What I am looking for:
- some small files samples, footage / vectors in various formats accepted by microstocks
- talk to you to better understand the workflow with footage / vectors – some questions still remain
- extra pair of hands to play with pre-release LB version finding out the things I messed up
- ** The time frame is …well, more or less now All the ‘testing & fixing’ cycles must go in the next 72 hours since the release is planned for this weekend.
If you feel comfortable with the above list please email me david(at)pixamba.com, DM @pixamba on Twitter or leave me a comment here.
So when I was walking in South Alps, France the sysadmins at my hosting provider decided that my sites consume too much computing power on a shared server. So they simply switched them all off at once sending me an email about that. I was at that time at altitude of 2500+ meters with no email access, so nearly everything went out of the order for four days until I get back to my computer today.
I am terrible sorry for the inconvenience.
I am looking for a better hosting solution for PSM web and other web sites and web apps I am running. Hopefully we’ll see the change in the next 30 days.
Finally, the microstock photographers can forget about having multiple paper model releases in their bags. In the next few weeks iStockphoto will start accepting iPad/iPhone and Android signed model releases that were generated using an appropriate Apple or Android app. iStock recommends EasyRelease, but will also accept the releases signed with VMRelease.
The related iStock FAQ page is located here.
Long awaited Canon 5D MKIII comes with a long list of improvements compared to its predecessor Canon 5D MKII.
New 5D MIII features compared to 5D MKII
- new Digic 5+ processor: 6 fps in RAW+JPG mode, new noise reduction algorithms for higher ISO
- 22.3MP full frame (36x24mm) CMOS sensor – almost no change in images size vs. full frame 21 MP @5D MKII
- ISO: standard 100-25600, expandable to 104,200 – much better sensitivity in low light than Canon 5D MKII
- New: 63-zone dual layer iFCL metering system. This one is truly exciting. New Intelligent Focus Color Luminance Metering system integrates with the focusing and take in account both New: color and luminosity near chose AF points! Evaluative, center-weight, partial or spot metering modes
- New: 61 point High Density reticular autofocus vs. 9 points in 5D MKII. The new AF system is sensitive in extremely low light scenes – up to EV-2
- 100% coverage optical view finder vs. 98% in 5D MKII
- 3.2″ TFT LCD with 1.04M dots resolution vs. 3″ LCD with 900K dots
- New: finally, dual card slots! CF + SD
- New: built-in HDR mode. I love this one.
- New: silent shutter mode
- exposure compensation in +/- 5 stops in 1/3 or 1/2 increments vs. +/- 3 stops in 5D MKII
- Video: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30 fps (29.97), 25 fps, 24 fps (23.976), 1280 x 720 (HD): 60 fps (59.94), 50 fps, 640 x 480 (VGA): 30 fps (29.97), 25 fps
- New: Multiple exposure mode for cinematic-style images: additive, average, bright and dark
Verdict: fantastic tool for low light shooting, optimized for professional videography.
Note that the actual spec above was changed since the below commercial video was released. Smaller 22 MP sensor (and not 28.2MP like advertised, 6 fps and not 8 fps). In any case, Canon 5D MKIII with its current specification is a great machine to work with.
New release 2.0.3 of ProStockMaster comes with the following changes
- Added scrolling for language context menu, so all languages are reachable for all screen resolutions
- Fixed issue which did not allow suggestions for multiple keywords / keyphrase.
- Mac: application menu moved to top menu bar where it is supposed to be for a Mac app
- Mac: folders tree changed to be more Mac-like, showing “PLACES” and starting from the user’ home folder.