Alamy changes the commissions
An email sent today by Alamy Member Services reminds us Alamy contributors that Alamy has changed their contributors contract on November 26, 2008. And guess what? – starting at January 10, 2009 there is a 5% increase in all Alamy’ part for all stock photo contributions plans. Additionally, stock photo agency Alamy reduces the Contributor’s Agreement termination period from 6 month to 45 days.
All these changes look like a sign for a very difficult time for Alamy, which is facing strong competition from the successful microstock brands. In one of my previous posts I reviewed the Alamy’s initiative to go microstock. At that time many Alamy contributors disliked that idea, mostly because they saw Alamy as a traditional royalty free and rights managed stock photography agency, and not yet another microstock.
- Microstock Freeware
- Uploads to Shutterstock microstock agency switched to FTP
- Faster ProStockMaster, the microstock software for a stock photographer
- Pinhole photography: The Time Machine
- Alamy stock photography agency login
- Alamy’ “Novel Use” licensing: go microstock?
- Stock photography software adds Alamy and StockXpert
- Mac package update
- So many good things happen!