Chris Barton, the “Fair Trade Photographer” joins the well known anti-microstock apologist Dan Heller in blaming microstock. The article is very nice, but I guess if Chris would be the author of that group image, he proudly would show all these usage examples to his prospective customers. Anyway, welcome to the club, Chris, you are in the good company.
Back to 2007 Dan Heller was absolutely sure that microstock is a transitional business model and that the microstock agencies are hurting themselves. Explaining why the microstocks can not survive Dan says:
Now in 2010 we can see that the microstock business did not collapse, being a growing industry even in the recession period, while most traditional stock photography agencies experience a sharp decline in sales. Surprisingly for Mr.Heller, the microstock continues to rapidly expand and keeps threatening traditional royalty free and right managed stock photography business models.
Surprisingly enough, Dan Heller was served for some time as the Vice President of Marketing at Picscout, a company which proudly displays Dreamstime logo at the top line of their list of customers. If you can not beat them, join them.
- Последние новости: iStock готовится продавать редакционные сток фото
- Microstock Fairness
- Microstock Portfolio Analysis With Free LightBurner Tools
- Sell photos with LightBurner.com – new FREE online microstock content distribution service
- iStockphoto License Infringement
- Microstock software v1.9.4/1.9.3 released
- Shannon Fagan to Lead ASMP Stock Photography Initiatives
- Stock photos keywording
- Fotolia Partners with deviantART for Microstock Offering
- iSyndica closes