Mac OS X
New release 2.0.3 of ProStockMaster comes with the following changes
- Added scrolling for language context menu, so all languages are reachable for all screen resolutions
- Fixed issue which did not allow suggestions for multiple keywords / keyphrase.
- Mac: application menu moved to top menu bar where it is supposed to be for a Mac app
- Mac: folders tree changed to be more Mac-like, showing “PLACES” and starting from the user’ home folder.
Just a quick note to let you know about such a great price for this exceptional tool which should be in the arsenal of every photographer. It is a one-day deal at B&H Photo, NYC, NY USA.
We just have released the new 2.0.2 version of PSM for Mac Os X Snow Leopard. This release follows previous v2.x releases for Windows, switching PSM to work with your (free) Lightburner account. Thus you get the best of the two worlds, browsing and adding metadata locally, while uploading only once for all microstock channels via online software. For more information see release notes for 2.x versions.
Once you’ve downloaded the latest software, make sure that
- You have a valid Lightburner account (free signup here)
- You defined your microstock agencies and/or private FTP sales channels in Lightburner
- You provided PSM with your Lightburner username and password (Tools -> Lightburner account menu in PSM)
- Sales stats received from Lightburner.com always overwrite any data you might enter manually. Still thinking how to handle the logic here.
New version 1.9.2 fixes following issues:
- Windows: thumbnails for files with non-Latin characters in the file path are not displayed
- Mac: Stock Agencies window pop-us each time the application starts
- Mac: GUI skin automatically changed after the installation
The new ProStockMaster v1.9.1 fixes iStockphoto login and upload of stock photos to the microstock agency, following the latest “F5″ changes on the iStock web. It is also the first version of our microstock software which was compiled with Java 6, both Mac and Windows. PSM v1.9.1 simply runs faster than older versions. If you got Windows 7 64-bit or Vista 64-bit I recommend you to download and install Java 64-bit. The latest ProStockMaster v1.9.1 will perfectly run with 64-bit Java, and you get even more performance benefits.
Note that if you upgrade to v1.9.1 from anything older than v1.9.0 you have to install the full version of ProStockMaster. Follow this instructions to do so.
It’s OK, it just says that you are running Windows 7 or Vista
The 1-minute solution for that is described in question #3 in our FAQ
We have released ProStockMaster v1.9.0. The new release speeds up stock photos thumbnails displaying and folders browsing.
On Mac, v1.9.0 also eliminates the dependencies on the old PowerPC code and Apple Rosette, and runs with Java 6 whenever it is available.
v1.9.0 is a major release with some new stuff inside and we highly recommend to download and install the FULL VERSION of the new release instead of using the auto-upgrade procedure, both Mac and Windows. For the Mac users installing the FULL version instead of the auto-upgrade is a must to speed up the application, so please do so.
Unfortunately, the capabilities of PSM auto-upgrade are limited and we do expect problems with auto-update this time, so again – PLEASE INSTALL THE FULL version instead of auto-upgrading.
Further releases will be based on the technology introduced in v1.9.0, so it is quite critical to make a timely update now.
This release fixes login and upload of stock photos to Bigstock and 123rf . It also fixes Dreamstime and Fotloia microstock sales statistics. We took off Stockxpert microstock site due to their merge with iStockphoto.
CanStockPhoto – sales stats for every stock image at your fingertips, better security and reliability0
ProStockMaster microstock software v1.7.2 now works with CanStockPhoto via our proprietary PSM API. From now on all microstock contributors can track their microstock sales and download stats for every stock photograph or an illustration submitted to CanStockPhoto with ProStockmaster microstock tool.
All data is transferred over HTTPS, which significantly improves the communication security between the microstock photography agency and the stock photographer’s computer.
Many thanks to Duncan Enman, CEO of CanStockPhoto and his great team for making this possible.
New in this release:
1. Uploads to Shutterstock microstock web site are switched to FTP. Go to “Upload->Stock Agencies” to change your credentials.
The FTP server name is already filled in for you by the app. Your FTP user name is your email address, which is on file with Shutterstock and the password is your regular Shutterstock web site password. Since the connection to Shutterstock is now via FTP only, your stock photos sales stats for this site can not be displayed anymore.
2. “Export Metadata” dialog added in “File->Export Metadata” menu. It creates a CSV file with JPG IPTC metadata and a few more file parameters for all JPGs in a specified folder. Optionally, it works recursively on all the subfolders of the specified folder. You probably remember this free JPG IPTC metadata dump utility? Now it is an integral part of PSM, available for free with any license. Just open “File->Export Metadata” menu and select a folder to be exported.
3. Fixed an annoying bug causing thumbnails not to be displayed in many cases.
I am sure you faced it at least once – you start PSM, open a folder and there are no thumbnails, just the file names with ‘…’ are displayed. Well, not anymore.
The app still needs some time to draw the thumbnails at the first access, but once the initial processing is done you get all the graphics instantly.
4. EXIF reading is back.
EXIF decided to leave PSM for a few weeks. Now it is back at its full.
5. Manage metadata – copying data between images: verified & OK. Also the dialog will close now when a user press OK in the “applied” confirmation message.
6. Alamy uploads: only one image can be uploaded. The issue is still there.
A quick check shows that the same is correct for Alamay uploads from their web either with their Java applet or with Alamy ActiveX control. Seems to be a problem with their web server. More info…
7. Minor fixes & updates for performance and graphics, here and there
Today we are moving the web to a different hosting provider. During the next 24 hours some of PSM services such as keywords suggestion can work sporadically or do not work at all. Hopefully, all the transfer will go smooth and we will be up and running again very soon. The DNS change propagation takes 24-48 hours (less in North America, more for the rest of the word), so maximum in 48 hours all the changes will be adopted by DNS servers worldwide and you will be able to work with the site and with ProStockMaster as usual.
We do this change because we are continuously looking to improve our services and add more web and application features and we need an infrastructure which can support them all.
Sorry for the inconvenience